My Amazing Oscar

This is a dedication of acheivement for my amazing son Oscar who despite his profound disabilities lives life to the full. I wanted to share the magical and inspiring attitude of my young man, who has shown no matter what any profession or person tells you that you probably won't be able to take part or be included in regular hobbies and daily activites that we all take for granted, you have to try it for yourself and make your own decision. The proof here is that so far Oscar has not found many that he truly could not take part in , in some way or another, for example riding the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Walt Disney World Orlando, alligator seeing in the everglades, taking up Judo, swimming with dolphins, riding the quad bike up the stables and being one of 14,231 pirates who reclaimed the Guniess World Record in 2012.

Saturday 29 June 2013

FALMOUTH SHOUT SEA SHANTY FESTIVAL

FALMOUTH SEA SHANTY SHOUT
 
 
This is such a great 3 day venue, where 40 or so sea shanty groups come and sing, they go from pub to pub and sing their shanties, also there is a stage now in event square for the groups to sing from.
 
I meet Gully and all the guys from Fisherman's Friends there some several years ago and then again in his home village of port Issac, where I was very lucky because he and the group, who were only in their local pub said they would sing "In South Australia I was Born" for me and then they sung a few more shanties for the rest of the customers, this was my best day.
 
Gully said he would sing for me when ever I saw him, and I believe him!  I made up some fun wanted posters of myself and mum and dad went and pasted them up around Cornwall for a bit of fun and Gully signed mine for me.
 
 
GULLY FROM FISHERMAN'S FRIENDS
Signing my Wanted Poster
 
 
BETTY SOGGS

This is Jeff, he is a local celebratory, he is dressed here as Betty Soggs and he raises lots of money for the RNLI during this event and is very entertaining.  He was a professional wrestler and now is a local farmer and he spent a lot of time with us.
 
 
Here is where I pasted my wanted poster to the fully operational back door of Custom House on Custom House Quay in Falmouth Harbour !!!  Arrrgh Pirate !!!
 
 
 
 THIS IS MY OWN SEA SHANTY SONG THAT ME AND MUM WROTE ON THE WAY HOME FROM CORNWALL
 
 
Arrrrgh me maties.......

No comments:

Post a Comment