My Amazing Oscar

This is a dedication of acheivement for my amazing son Oscar who despite his profound disabilities lives life to the full. I wanted to share the magical and inspiring attitude of my young man, who has shown no matter what any profession or person tells you that you probably won't be able to take part or be included in regular hobbies and daily activites that we all take for granted, you have to try it for yourself and make your own decision. The proof here is that so far Oscar has not found many that he truly could not take part in , in some way or another, for example riding the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Walt Disney World Orlando, alligator seeing in the everglades, taking up Judo, swimming with dolphins, riding the quad bike up the stables and being one of 14,231 pirates who reclaimed the Guniess World Record in 2012.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

JUDO EXHIBITION AT SCHOOL

 
 
My buddy (daddy) asking me if I am ready to practise Judo
 

 
First hold have got daddy in a straddle hold, daddy escapes by lifting his bottom off the floor and using his heels to run around which allows him to throw me over and pin me down in the chest hold mune-gatame where he wins the hold!
 
 

 
I have daddy in a straddle hold

 
 
 This is a warm up exercise lifting your uke up of your chest and down again so that uke can feel what it is like to push all of their weight down in a hold.

 
 
Now feeling tired and very pleased with myself for a really hard Judo lesson
 
I really enjoyed my instructor coming into my school and giving my class and other classes too a full on Judoka lesson, we did so many moves and really full on, my other classmates really worked hard and were full on Judo dudes, I will have to watch out in class now they know some moves!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment