My Amazing Oscar

This is a dedication of acheivement for my amazing son Oscar who despite his profound disabilities lives life to the full. I wanted to share the magical and inspiring attitude of my young man, who has shown no matter what any profession or person tells you that you probably won't be able to take part or be included in regular hobbies and daily activites that we all take for granted, you have to try it for yourself and make your own decision. The proof here is that so far Oscar has not found many that he truly could not take part in , in some way or another, for example riding the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Walt Disney World Orlando, alligator seeing in the everglades, taking up Judo, swimming with dolphins, riding the quad bike up the stables and being one of 14,231 pirates who reclaimed the Guniess World Record in 2012.

Sunday 12 August 2012

OSCAR'S 3RD LESSON PRACTICING ROLLS AND HOLDS AND LEARNING A NEW HEAD LOCK

 

OSCAR BOWING IN WITH A LITTLE SUPPORT FROM HIS BUDDY READY FOR HIS LESSON


INSTRUCTORS TOOK ME IN A HEAD LOCK AND HELD ME DOWN


HA HA HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL IT TAKE TO HOLD ME DOWN !!!



WHEN I PUT A HOLD ON MY INSTRUCTOR I TENSED MY ARMS TO GRIP HER AND ENFORCED MY MOVE AND HELD HER DOWN FOR 10 SECONDS !!!


NOW I AM REALLY GETTING THE HANG OF THIS GRAB AND HOLD DOWN

Lesson number 3, now I am really starting to get the basic understanding of my lessons, I really look forward to bowing in and the start of my lessons.  I love the warm up exercises and my buddy helps me do what I can, when the other gremlins are running up and down my buddy lifts my feet up and taps them up and down so I am running on the spot.  I like stretching my arms up and around and my head and neck too as I can help with that.

My favourite parts of my lessons are when I get grabbed and rolled on and held down in a arm, body or head lock, I really enjoy that, but my bestest part is when I get to grab and hold down my opponent and I am now tensing my arms to force my weight down and I am starting to grip the opponents gi more.

Next weeks lesson my instructors have told me that they are not going to ask me if I want to do moves anymore but they will tell me what moves we are doing and then we are going to do them, I am feeling very confident and safe and ready to learn more.

I concentrate really hard in my lessons and then the next day when mum and dad are not expecting anything I do a Judo move on them, I find it really funny and cant stop laughing as it catches them completely off guard, today I threw myself off my mums lap to the left in a big attempt to roll over, It was really impressive and mum and dad found it really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment