My Amazing Oscar

This is a dedication of acheivement for my amazing son Oscar who despite his profound disabilities lives life to the full. I wanted to share the magical and inspiring attitude of my young man, who has shown no matter what any profession or person tells you that you probably won't be able to take part or be included in regular hobbies and daily activites that we all take for granted, you have to try it for yourself and make your own decision. The proof here is that so far Oscar has not found many that he truly could not take part in , in some way or another, for example riding the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Walt Disney World Orlando, alligator seeing in the everglades, taking up Judo, swimming with dolphins, riding the quad bike up the stables and being one of 14,231 pirates who reclaimed the Guniess World Record in 2012.

Sunday 9 December 2012

WESTERLEIGH WON BJA JUDOKA CLUB OF THE YEAR !!! I WAS AWARDED ETIQUETTE TROPHY FOR WORKING REALLY HARD AND DOING MY VERY BEST AND I GOT THE BIRTHDAY BUMPS AND HAD AN OUTSTANDING LESSON

 
WHAT A JUDO DAY
WESTERLEIGH WON BJA CLUB OF THE YEAR !!!
WELL DESERVED
WELL DONE WESTERLEIGH JUKOKA
 
Wahoo here I am getting the bumps for my birthday 11yrs !!!
 
 
Instructor Paul getting me up onto my shoulders and snaking my body left to right while pulling me along the mats.
 
 
Run daddy Run...
 
 
Daddy running for me, I had to practise running at my uke who was tucked into a ball, I had to knock my uke over onto their back and then choose and execute a hold, I choose Kesa-gatame
 
 
Practising Tate-shiho-gatame with one of my instructors, here I kneel astride uke, I push uke's arm up and across and use my head to pin the trapped arm.
 
 
 
Here my instructor is lowering his weight on top of me to teach me how it feels and then I can react in this situation and push up against my uke.
 
 
YIPEE WOW !  I was awarded the Etiquette Trophy for my hard work and always trying my best in Judo.  I love my lessons and really enjoy all the hard work that my club puts in to help me be able to take part in Judoka.
My club Westerleigh Judoka The No1 club winner are so amazing, they support me and other kids who have some challenges and give us all the support to allow us to take part in a sport that we want to do without our walking frames or wheelchairs.  All the other judo members are also so great we all train together and get to practise our judo moves and escapes thanks to the ethos of the club.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment